I'm trying to utilize Google Places API in Android app. I'm using React Native and the following package: https://github.com/FaridSafi/react-native-google-places-autocomplete
- API key in Google console created
- Restriction set to Android app (SHA1 fingerprint + package name)
- SHA1 fingerprint and package name values checked with:
- aapt dump badging app-release.apk
- unzip -p app-release.apk META-INF/CERT.RSA | keytool -printcert
- API key don't have any API usage restriction (can be used with any service)
- Places API enabled
Maps SDK for Android enabled
A) When Android app restriction is set (point 2). I'm getting error:
"google places autocomplete: This IP, site or mobile application is not authorized to use this API key. Request received from IP address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, with referrer: undefined"
B) When Android app restriction removed (restriction set to None) everything works fine.