Hi I have an issue with my GitLab setup.
What I'm trying to achieve:
- running GitLab inside a Docker container
- access GitLab through a subdomain (gitlab.mydomain.com) at ports 80 and 443 for https
- manage SSL through a wildcard certificate for *.mydomain.com provided by LetsEncrypt and Plesk (already in use for subdomains managed by Plesk)
- beeing able to run build tasks in GitLab container (npm scripts etc.) and finally move specific output files to directories of subdomains managed by Plesk (outside of container)
What I did so far:
- got a v-server running Ubuntu 18.04.2 with preinstalled Plesk Onyx 17.8.11
- setup mydomain.com through Plesk
- setup LetsEncrypt wildcard certificate for mydomain.com through Plesk
- installed Docker via ssh (not Plesk)
- ran GitLab inside a container at mydomain.com:30080
I'm completely new to server envs and Docker so I'm not sure about the needed structure of things. Maybe you guys know what to do?